Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Mission Statement?


      This last month I've been preparing to go to Canada. In doing so I've been sleeping, hanging out, going to doctors appointments, and catching up on the readings they sent me for the retreat. Not only do I hate reading, I have an incredibly hard time with the matter itself. So I started right away and chose the easiest book, "The 7 habits of highly effective teens," by Sean Covey. I leave in a few days but I'm only on page 125.

     Oops. 

     It talks about a mission statement in the book and how to make a mission statement. Well I still don't know what my mission is, or how I plan to make one. I've tried all the methods and still nothing comes to mind. No plans, no problem is what I've always thought. But actually; no plan, big problem.

     Preparing a mission statement is supposed to take no thought. Just come up with what you want from life and make a plan of how you're going to get there. Well, I have no idea what I want from life. So easy breezy...you know the rest. I decided to start in the Eduation route. This was a little tricky for me. I feel like a kid! I had to ask to use the bathroom three months ago, and now I have to plan my future in a week?College isn't my first choice.

     Okay...traveling? Wallet is giving me the stink eye right now. That's a no go for now. But I'm going to squeeze that into my future plans. I've always wanted to travel, to experience a different lifestyle than the one I know.

     Good, traveling is a part of it.

     And that's it. So I stopped and got frusturated and asked myself a different question. Where do I want to be, ten years from now? How do I picture it, exactly? It hit me like a freight train. I saw a perfect image of how I want it all. And it's simple to plan how to get there; the basics at least.

     This took me about two weeks to type. Part of which was forgetting to plug the tablet in from returning from the Great White North (which was fantastic by the way)  But mostly, was figuring out how to write this without being a journal entry. So that's it for now. Try it out, either way might work. Set goals, because those are probably the only things that keep us going in a crazy world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment